Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Praises to God

I adapted and expanded upon a resource from prayermag.com.

1. You are the creator. You made everything; absolutely everything. Even things that are 'man-made'. You put those designs into the minds of men. Nehemiah 9:6 says 'You made heave, the heaven of heavens with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the sea and all that is in them.' That covers everything. Which means that EVERYTHING I see today has your fingerprints.

2. You are the only God. I am so thankful that the one real God evidenced himself so well. I have no confusion about 'many gods'. I love that you call out in Isaiah 45:5: 'I am the Lord and there is no other. Besides me there is NO God.' Since you are the one God, my life should focus on one thing: you!

3. Lord, you are almighty. That just sounds strong. Your might leaves me speechless. Psalm 89:8 asks a rhetorical question: "O Lord, God of hosts, who is mighty as you are O Lord?". I know it is rhetorical, but I feel compelled to answer anyways. No one is as mighty as you. You are at the top. That being so, I should fear nothing and be in fear of you. "I have nothing to fear but the Lord himself."

4. You last forever. You began forever ago. Everlasting Father. Your 'fathering' attributes have lasted with you: Love, Mercy, Grace, Patience, Understanding. Isaiah 9:6 says your name is 'wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting father, prince of peace. Everlasting is stability I can be grounded in. Thank you.

5. God, you are all love. This is balanced with all your other attributes, but you are loving toward all. You love ALL! (Even the Drunks, rapists, and gays as Brave Saint Saturn put it). May I realize and administer a love so powerful.

6. Lord you are 100% just. Nothing you do ever falls into the realm of being unfair. Nothing! (No matter how it feels to me!) Your justice allows Jesus Christ to take the punishment for all who believe. (Romans 3:26.) Your justice lets me live knowing it really will ALL work out in th end. All is fair when an eternal God is involved.

7. You are faithful. Lord, your faithfulness stretches THROUGH the skies (not just to them!). You keep your promises, you do not let me (or anyone) down! Deuteronomy 7:9 says you are faithful to 1000 generations. How many years is that? It's probably not worth counting. Forever faithful you are.

8. Lord, I am so thankful for your mercy. I could never understand how you withhold your wrath, but I know that I personally could not live without you doing so. Thank you for your mercy. Nehemiah 9:31 describes how your mercy preserves Israel. "You are a gracious and merciful God." Who can I tell today about your mercy?

9. Lord, you are a fortress to find refuge in. You are the place I can find refuge, protection, and shelter. There is no storm that you are unable to offer protection from. Psalm 62:7 says that my salvation can fully rest on God, my mighty Rock.

10. You are patient. Your dealings with people are characterized by your patience. II Peter 3:9 remarks that any 'slowness' we may feel is actually a gift. For is you were able to act quickly, I know that I would not be left standing. Patience may be one of your most understated and underestimated attributes. Thank you for it!

11. Lord, you are all about saving people. You know that we are helpless to save ourselves. And even when we're so mired in sin we can't see our own need, you still move and work and act to bring us to you. Jude 25 exclaims that because you're the Savior you "deserve glory, majesty, dominion, and authority."

12. Lord, you are holy. I cannot fully understand that word... YOU ARE HOLY. Wholly different. Totally pure. Copmletely unlike anything else in all creation (because you are the creator). In heaven there are four creatures dedicated to declaring your holiness, might, and eternality. (Revelation 4). They extol you around the clock. How might I extol you today?

13. Lord, I am so thankful that you are a personal God. What would be the point of life if I could not know you? Amazingly, you make yourself known. So much so that you draw people to yourself. You allow us to be intimate enough to 'recline at your table'. Again I will say: Amazing.

14. Lord, you are all about giving. Everyday I pass by thousands (literally) of things that you have given to me. More than that, you have blessed me with a great family. Even more than that, you gave your one and only son to cover my sins (John 3:16).

15. Lord, thank you for providing all I need. We are so blessed and have so much. Thank you for giving just what we need. Even outside of physical and material you give, give, give. II Corinthians says that you give grace unboundingly. Thanks!

16. You are the shepherd. You care for me. You guide me. You lead me on the path you picked out. You are completely worthy of being incharge. You are totally trustworthy. Psalm 23 uses this shepherd analogy to show you provide, give me rest, lead me, and restore me. Shepherd Me!

17. Lord, you always give me victory. Any victory is yours! We get to constantly and always take place in a victory parade with Christ (says II Corinthians 2:14). Am I living like a victor?

18. Thank you Lord for being a God of peace to me. You can provide all the peace I need. I look to you for an evenness of mind and complete calm.

19. Dear God, thank you for being the healer. You promised Israel that if they would follow you, you would be "the Lord, your healer" (Exodus 15:16). Lord, I pray that you heal me as well. Spiritually, physically, emotionally. Keep me whole and completely focused. You are the only one who can heal me!

20. Thank you for providing all (100%) of the comfort I need. II Corinthians 1:3 says you are the God "of mercies and the God of all comfort." I think that the comfort is based in your mercy. I can always find comfort in you for you always withhold the punishment that I truly deserve. Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!

21. Lord, thank you for being a God who works miracles. You created a natural order to the world but you are not bound by it. Psalm 77:14 says "You are the God who does amazing things." Please do amazing things today!

22. Lord, you show non stop forgiveness to me. Forgiveness that doesn't end. Forgiveness for all of my faults, iniquities, and sin. There is NOTHING you can't forgive. Thank YOU! Nehemiah 9:17 says that you are a God "read to forgive." And this despite Israel's continued unfaithfulness. I'm so grateful for your grace and mercy. Pour more on me.

23. Thank you Lord for bearing my burdens. NO matter the size you are always willing to lift us up and hold us close. Psalm 68:19 says that you do this DAILY! Thank you!

24. Lord, thank you for being faithful. Your faithfulness to us is infinite and unending. My faithfulness to you doesn't last very long. But yours continues anyway. Psalm 36:5 says your faithfulness stretches to the clouds. Lamentations 3:22-23 ties your mercy to your faithfulness. I need both every new day.

25. God, take all of the kings of the world, and you are King of them all. Take any and all who would consider themselves Lord, and you are Lord of them all. You are the ultimate and perfect ruler. I Timothy 6:15-16 explains this Kingship and Lordship. It says that you dwell in unapproachable light. You cannot be touched. Thank you for coming to us.

26. Lord, thank you for being "my help and deliverer" (as David said in Psalm 70). I am right with him, for I am poor and needy. I have nothing good to offer. You are all that I need and I need you completely. "Hasten to me, O God."

27. Psalm 3:3: You are a shield around me. You answer my cry. You sustain me. You save me. Thank you for your love and protection. Without you I would be (even more) fearful and timid.

28. God: In you there is light. 100% light and no darkness. Because of this you can reveal what is hidden, you can make light the darkness (Daniel 2:22).

29. Lord, because of your abundant blessings we can have joy. According to Psalm 21 you bless with: strength, salvation, our heart's desire, life, and much more.

No comments: